Monday 6 August 2012

NEW Purchases!

So, not had the best of times recently, hence slow blog posts etc, and needed to cheer myself up.....so what better than lots of shopping trips (online and high street :)!)

I've wanted something with a dip hem for ages, they seem to be really feminine and flattering and spotted this lovely pleated skirt in Topshop in the sale rail - even better! It's coral coloured with a sort of shimmer and is really floaty which will be fab for my holiday! I'm going to team it with a white loose fitting satin vest and gold jewellery :) 




Also from the Topshop sale I got these 'Jewel Print Shorts' (bottom pair) which have a really cute gem print on them. They're high waisted so really flattering but sadly no belt loop (I love my belts!). Bit scared about wearing them as they are white, but will just have to pile on the fake tan for when I do!




The other shorts pictured are the much blogged about ZARA Pink Tweed Shorts. They have gold zip detailing and are pretty short!! Looking forward to wearing them on a night out though, managed to get these off eBay for a very good price considering they were a big hit in store.

Next I decided on another new skirt from Mango, which was also in the sale! It has a silver metallic snake effect on the front and a plain black jersey back with a full length zip. Metallics have been huge this season and I never really got into the trend, but I think this skirt can be dressed up in a very classy way, with some heels and a soft cream top.






Back to ZARA again, and this lovely cream peplum top with short sleeves. I have so many peplum tops, and most of them are sleeveless, so this was a little break from my normal style without venturing TOO far! It's actually really tight fitting, so maybe not the best for eating out in, but will look great for work or dressed up with some heels :)




And fiiiinally! A little bit of jewellery that I've bought. I'm obsessed with statement rings at the moment, and these two are perfect for setting off some of the items I've written about above. The ring on the left is from Dorothy Perkins, I got it in the sale but I've seen it in other shops for full price, so I don't know if that was an accident or just good luck! Its a sort of amber/caramel coloured stone surrounded by little diamontes and a gold metal shank. The ring on the right is H&M, and is in a lovely turquoise colour with a gold metal shank. It came with another gold ring which I wasn't keen on, but I would have been happy paying the full price just for this ring because it is lovely and will go with so many outfits!




Hopefully when I wear all my outfits I'll be able to post some pictures for you, might have to get mum to do it as we are lacking a full length mirror in our house! I know! I don't know how I'm coping, but when I get back to uni, I will be reunited with my lovely big mirror so posting will be a bit easier! 

Also still debating whether to purchase some Disco Pants or not! I'm so tempted, but scared they'll accentuate my ridiculously short legs! I might give them a try and let you know my opinion!

x

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comments! Have had a little look at your blog and it's fab! Now following it! :) x x x

      Delete